Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Saturday, February 2, 2008

Working mom thoughts

I was just thinking about maybe putting more on my blogs and if I should make it more about the family, or Aaron or me and just now I decided that it could be about whatever! so then I got to thinking about what I could write being a working mom.

Everyone always asks me how I can go back to work, don't I miss him when I go? How do I do it? Well here's the answer. When I first started, it was hard. Of course I missed him but I knew he was in good hands, David, the older brother of seven siblings, a pro with babies and kids, was taking care of our baby. I wanted to be there but I'm good. I'm making money for us to survive and insurance. Insurance is especially key because of Aaron's hearing loss in his left ear. I'm not really sure what the medical will cover especially the hearing aid that he might have to have. So those are some things that keep me going. Sometimes I get really sad that I'm not at home and I feel like I'm missing out on something or I'll end up spoiling him because I feel bad that I'm not there for him. I'm just glad that I'm in this particular teaching position because it gives me the flexibility to pump at work so I can still nurse him and I'm sure glad I have understanding teachers that I work with and an understanding VP. It still stinks that I can't get tenured but it helps my family survive in Hawaii. OK well, I'm just blabbing and not really answering what I wanted to answer but I think that comes with me being tired and being on the computer late at night...I better get some rest!

1 comment:

  1. Carol, I really am so impressed with how much you do for your family! David sounds like a wonderful, nurturing father. What an awesome team! Out here in the east, there's so much social emphasis on status, career and education. For me, staying at home with the kids is wonderful, but a super challenging, non-prestigous job... Yet, I'm grateful for the time with them and how it's refining me as a person... I guess what I'm trying to say is YOU ARE A FABULOUS MOM! And I'm learning that each person's situation is different and there are seasons in everyone's lives for specific things. Mine right now is to be with my kids, and yours is to get valuable work experience and insurance for your sweet Aaron. I'm sure Aaron will be grateful for your sacrifices and for the time he gets to spend with his daddy! (Sorry for the long post!)

    ReplyDelete