Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Baby slings and hearing loss

I've been wanting to get a baby sling for awhile because I think it would be nice to not always have to carry the car seat around everywhere we go and to also have my hands free. We do have a baby carrier but it's got buckles and not as compact as a sling with no buckles and rings. I have seen people wear them and I used to think it was strange and think "what the heck do you need one for?" but now that I have my own child that gets heavier each day and lots of things to do; I've been researching online for a cheap one. I looked at the brands, Hotslings and Peanut Shell and they can be pretty expensive, especially the ones that I like. So I figure I could make one myself...but that might take awhile for me to figure out and by the time I do, Aaron won't need it anymore. I'm determined to get one one way or another. The cheapest way will be to make one so... wish me luck!! ;D There's also one called the Moby wrap which is 5.5 meters and it wraps all the way around you which might also work for David too since our body sizes are different, mainly the height. It's also a lot cheaper than the slings....oh I don't know!!

Well to update on the hearing test.

We went this past Monday again to re-check the frequency of his high frequency hearing loss and we got a lot of information. He does have high frequency hearing loss and it's up in a certain range but I can't remember exactly where it fell. We have to talk to our pediatrician to find a ear, nose and throat doctor to look at his ear to determine if there is really hearing loss or if he has wax buildup which could also result in his hearing loss. Once the ENT determines that the hearing loss is not because of ear wax then we should get a medical release form for the hospital to get a hearing aid for him. I'm really glad that Hawaii has the Early Intervention program because I'm pretty sure they're going to pay for everything, if not everything then most of it or whatever my insurance doesn't cover. *whew* that's a load off my back!!

2 comments:

  1. HAPPY BIRTHDAY, CAROL!

    Yay! That's so great about the Early Intervention Program! We had Quest, and they paid for everything relating to Elise's birth, including her week stay in the NICU and Pediatric Nuerologist visits... Good luck with everything!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made my own sling, I googled "ring slings" and got some simple patterns., easy to make. I might make a new one, cause it's not that comfy, since she's pretty heavy, but it works great otherwise.

    ReplyDelete