Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Saturday, February 2, 2008

President Gordon B. Hinckley

As we all know, President Gordon B. Hinckley passed away and his funeral was today. It was being broadcast in the CAC at BYUH at 8am. Up until then, it didn't really hit me that he was gone nor was I super sad about it. But as I listened to all the speakers talk about the prophet, I could see him being the wonderful and funny man that he was. I especially liked President Monson's memories of President Hinckley and how he had used his cane. Instead of using the cane to walk, he would wave it in the air or tap people with it. He was such a cute man! After all the speakers had spoken, the Mormon Tabernacle Choir sang the last song while a montage of President Hinckley played. While I was watching the video, it finally hit me that "my" prophet was gone and I started to tear up. It's so sad that he's gone but he's in a much better place and happier too now that he's reunited with his sweet wife.

No comments:

Post a Comment