Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, November 26, 2009

Raya's Birth Story

There might be TOO MUCH INFORMATION in the following post so you may not want to read it. Plus there aren't any pictures, just a whole lot of words. But if you're not one to care...READ ON friends! :D But REMEMBER. I warned you! Plus it's also for me to remember.

So I was bleeding all day on Friday, which was probably ok but it hadn't stopped (and I'm closet hypochondriac, I think I'm going to die from everything) and I was getting worried so we called the doctor. She advised us to go to the hospital to get checked out and possibly plan on staying. Like I said before, I hadn't even thought of packing my bag yet! So I quickly throw some things together at midnight and we head out. Luckily my brother Luke is staying with us and we were able to have sleeping Aaron stay with him.
We arrive at the hospital, get checked out, meet the fun night nurses and wait. Actually, they had me go walking around the birth center for an hour to see if there would be any changes. After the LONG hour of walking around (and reading The Lost Symbol with David), I made enough changes that they had me stay. They were going to give me the option of going home but then the doctor changed her mind and so we didn't go anywhere.
Eventually, they gave me pitocin to kick up the contractions around 11am (Saturday). It started getting really bad and after we moved to the other room, they gave me some medicine to help ease the pain. The contractions started getting super bad and I had to hold on to David. He kept reminding me to breathe since I kept forgetting. They checked me and I was 9 cm almost 10 and I really felt like I had to pee.
TMI coming up... Read at own risk...
The doctor told me to try and pee and maybe even push a little. So I did. I peed. a lot. all over the doctor's hand and she had to go wash up.
Then I had a REALLY strong urge to push. So I pushed. The head started showing and the doctor wasn't in the room yet but I HAD to push again and WHOOSH! She came shooting out and plopped right on the bed...along with a WHOLE lot of fluid!
The nurse caught her and laid her on my chest and the doctor had barely walked back into the room. She came just in time to see Raya fly out. So she grabbed the scissors to give David to cut the cord. She sewed me up (I tore almost as much as I did with Aaron) and that was it. She checked up on me the next day and gave me the ok to be discharged Sunday evening.
So from when they gave me the pitocin till Raya, it was about 4 hours (give or take). It was definitely a LOT faster than Aaron and a little less sore. so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment