Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Two Weeks Early

Just in case you don't Twitter or Facebook, our baby girl was born Saturday afternoon!
We were so not prepared for her to come this early!
I'll spare you the details but I had to go to the hospital to get checked out to make sure everything was ok and they said to bring my bag just in case I had to stay. (I hadn't even THOUGHT about packing my hospital bag yet at this point!) So we packed some stuff not expecting to stay and needless to say, we ended up staying at the hospital longer than we thought.
This is how I looked all IV'ed up. They tried twice in my left arm but couldn't get the vein they needed so they switched to the right arm and also had a hard time getting it in.

Here is the cup they gave me. I thought it was so funny they put the diaper there to get the condensation! I HAD to take a picture!

We also did NOT think to bring the camera so the only camera we had was David's cell phone.

They induced me around 10 or 11 am to get the contractions going a little faster.
 We welcomed Raya Kaluna Sau Chun Yuen at 3:46pm on November 21, 2009.

(pronounced: Ry-uh Kaluna S-ow Chun)

She was 6 lbs 11 oz and 19 inches long.

getting weighed

You can see her eyes a little bit here...

Our first family picture with Raya

Aaron stayed with my brother Luke and was later picked up by my in-laws and stayed the night. He was really good and didn't even cry when he had to leave the hospital after visiting and meeting Raya.

David's first picture with Raya

Look at how much hair she has!

and...I think that's it for now.
Oh. She almost passed her hearing test on the left ear so we might possibly have to do more testing (just like Aaron). We shall see and keep you posted! 
 
click to enlarge

12 comments:

  1. Congratulations! SO FUN a little girl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, so much for us having babies the same day :)
    Congrats to you - she's beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. congrats on the new baby!! now it's going to be 2x more busy but 2x more fun!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh wow! i totally didn't know you had baby! congratulations! I love her name! beautiful pics! and you did it natural? awesome! you'll love having two kids!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations!!! How exciting! What a beautiful baby girl! And she came just in time for the holidays how sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations! I know you guys are great parents, even though the way this delivery happened was a little unexpected. Good Luck adjusting to 2 little ones...it'll be hectic at first, but once you get into a good routine, it'll all be great! Take Care!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. yayyy!!! congrats!!! aaron's a big brother now:) beautiful children, carol.

    ReplyDelete
  8. congrats she is precious! Love the diaper cup!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations! We're so happy for you! Raya is BEAUTIFUL! Hope you're feeling well and getting lots of rest. Take care and hope to see you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  10. congrats guys! she is cute and i love her name.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations guys!!! Shes a Beauty!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. She's a little cutie! Congratulations again! And thank you for the phonetic spelling of Raya's name. I wasn't sure how it was pronounced.

    ReplyDelete