Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, November 24, 2008

Career

I went to a career fair at the high school last week just to look around with my friend Mariko's class. But as we went around the booths, I was thinking about switching careers. We went to one for UH that had to do with something with health and one category was Nutritionist. I'm thinking I could do that! That would be interesting!
We go walking around some more, get some pens, talk to the zoo guy about the skulls and bones of animals he had on his table. Did you guys know that hippos kill like two to three thousand people a year? and that they can open their mouths 177 degrees?!

Holy cow! I mean hippo! I had no idea they were so deadly! I always thought they were so cute!

Well, they still are but they're more dangerous than I thought!
We went to the police booth and started talking to the recruiter and he thought me and Mariko were students! (another story for another time) Anyway, once he found out we were teachers, he was telling us we would make good cops because we could be great for undercover since we look so young and non-police-ish (sorry Mariko, I know that's not a word but it's the only I could come up with!) and we looked at the requirements and we were like, yeah, we could totally do this! I was seriously thinking about joining the police force! But now that ship has sailed and I'm gonna stick with my job as a teacher. I will teach social studies one day. For now, I'm content that I have a job and can support my family. But maybe, just maybe one day when I can't handle being around needy, irritating, disrespectful students anymore, I will quit being a teacher and become a cop!

9 comments:

  1. lol.. girl, you're a bigger person than I am. I don't think I could stand other people's bratty kids. :S ;) Keep up the good work!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is the thing about teaching dealing with those punks. It's a good job though, great vacation and benefits, Teachers should get paid more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. No offense, but I just can't see you as a cop...you're not very threatening!! You're too nice. Now, if I saw your hubby coming after me, that's another story :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just think, if you ever do become a cop, you'll be able to work with your same kids again. Kidding kidding...I'm glad you decided against switching jobs; our school needs more sane people who work hard.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with bakabreath. I always said that once my student left Kahuku, I'd start looking for them on the news! I think we've all looked at other jobs besides teaching (I think about it every Sunday night at 1 am when I'm still lesson planning), but I look at all the people getting laid off and count my blessings I have a stable job that's not going anywhere. The grass is always greener on the other side of the fence...did the police tell you about their long hours, junk pay (not much different from ours), and being on the opposite end of crazy pyscho people's weapons????

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha, I love it. I can just imagine you looking all fierce and copish. I'm afriad if you were to try to intervene with anyone above the age of 17 they might laugh you right back into your little cruiser! He he

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey, at least if you were a cop, you'd have a tool to deal with those kids (like that taser!!!).
    I still want to be a CIA agent, but the bioengineer thing looked cool.
    I went home and told my husband about the hippo thing, and he finished my sentence for me. How did I NOT KNOW ABOUT THAT?!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Carol... I just found your page through jackies.. how are you??? What are you up to?? It's Tina By the way..

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks.. so your Hawaii.. wow.. What do you guys do?? Are you going to live there forever? How old is your baby?? he is so cute..

    ReplyDelete