Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, October 9, 2008

Oct 9, 2005

David found a letter a couple of months ago that I wrote to myself back in 2005. I had no idea what it was, all I wrote on the letter was not to open it until October 9, 2008. When David found the letter, I REALLY wanted to open it to see what it was about...but I decided that I would wait. (PLUS it had this written on the outside, "In honor of our saints of God in the nineteenth century I, Carol, will be obedient not to open this envelope until 9th Oct 2008". So I HAD to wait.) I forgot about it until last week and I couldn't wait! But I still waited! Then last night/early morning when it was after 12am, I decided that it was technically Oct 9th and I opened it. What I found inside were goals that I had written that I wanted to accomplish in those 3 years. I was so so surprised! I don't even remember where or why I wrote it. Either way, I looked over the goals and you know what, I accomplished 11 out of 14 goals. It got me all emotional. I started crying. I'm such a dork.
Just wanted to share.

Here's a picture of me and David when we first started dating in 2005!! ;D

7 comments:

  1. That's so awsome! What a neat idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, good job on completing most of your goals! and cute pic of u two back in the days...oh yeah - check ur tv on october 28th. hopefully it'll be on that night! but then again you never know...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh you look so young! I was looking at our engagement pictures the other day and we look so young too. I guess having a kid ages you a little?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw, that is so cool! Love that picture, by the way. So cute.

    I mailed myself a letter when I graduated in 03, and I got it a few months ago. According to me, I ought to be 1)graduated from college, 2)married, and 3)have at least one child by now. HAHA. So I'm glad you met your goals! Hurray.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's funny. we just recently made time capsules in Young Women to be opened in 2013, I hope I can at least find the envelop then. I think it is awesome that you accomplished most of your goals

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this post. That is awesome. It's amazing to recognize when your life DOES follow just the right path after all!
    Thanks for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete