Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, April 11, 2008

King vs. California King

I have always wondered what the difference was between a King and a California King. When we went shopping for a bed at the Wholesale Mattress Company, I finally got my answer.
A King is 4" wider and a California King is 4" longer.
OOH!
Since David is so tall, we went for the California King. We went and tested beds and man, did we get a deal! Since the mattress that we liked and wanted was overstocked and they needed to get them out of the store, the salesman offered us...the mattress, the box spring, the frame AND delivery for a total of $727!!!
Now we have a bed to call our own! I'm so excited!!



When we went to get our bedding for the bed, we went to Sears and guess how much we got the bedding for?... A California King comforter set was on sale... we paid $25!! I know! AND it's super nice! Yippee!!
Since we're moving into an unfurnished house, the next piece of furniture to get on our list was a couch. David went searching on craigslist for deals on couches. On Tuesday, we went out to Kapolei and got a sectional for $300!! It's really awesome! We now have a furnished house! Whoo hoo!! The next item...PACK!!

I hate packing...

1 comment:

  1. I always wondered about that too. I can't believe you got that price here, for the bed and the bedding. That is much cheaper than what we paid for it in Utah. We of course had to leave it all there, but oh well.

    ReplyDelete