Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, March 28, 2008

Cali Trip Part III

We're back! We've actually been back since Wednesday and been kept quite busy.
Tuesday was the last day in California and we went out to eat with my family, went to the mall and bought some clothes, hung out with my sister and mom and then we had a Chinese dinner at my parent's friends house. Since our flight was to depart at 7am, we had to leave the house by 5am. We ended up leaving at 5:15am and got to the airport at around 5:45am and by the time I checked in, it was like 6:05am and boarding was 6:15am. I was cutting it pretty close.
Some advice to all those who may go on a trip by themselves with a young baby who can't walk yet. If you're going to check your stroller at the gate, there are a few things you must do before walking through the gate.
First, take off your shoes, belts, cell phones, carry on bags and place them in the bin. Second, take your baby out of the stroller and proceed to collapse it to place on conveyor belt. If you remember to do all this, you won't feel so dumb like I did when I had to go through the gate like 5 times in order to pass security.
When I went through Hawaii security, the guard was nice enough to help me with the stroller so I didn't feel so silly. When I was on my way home going through Oakland Airport security, the guard just looked at me like I was retarded, told me I had to collapse the stroller and stood there waiting for me. It's kinda hard to do when you're holding a baby in your arms and you're still not good closing the darn thing. Good thing, there were nice people behind me who helped with the stroller. I went through the gate but was holding Aaron's toys so I was asked to go back out, put the toys in a bin and come through again. And then there's the putting on your shoes with the stroller still on the conveyor belt and holding the baby. Next time I should bring the front carrier or something to help with security.
The flight home to Hawaii was pretty good. Since it was still early Hawaii time, Aaron and I slept for the most part so that was nice. The flight attendants in our section loved him. I had asked them to hold him so I could use the bathroom. He was all smiley and just loving it. Later on, they asked if they could hold him again. They had a great time!
All in all, it was a fun trip but next time, I want David to come along! It's no fun without him.

4 comments:

  1. Isn't it great when you get people to help you during traveling? We've traveled a lot with Eli and thankfully, there are always smiling and understanding people near by to help. God bless them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you linked ours! It's amazing the people you find while blogging. Aaron is soo adorable. He looks like a happy go lucky kind of kid. I also love the picture with the bunny ears and him stretching in his chair! So cute! I know what you mean about traveling. I had my mom to help once and it was still hard. It seemed like it was worth it to see your family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know I'm not looking forward to traveling by myself with Cora. At least Denver Airport has a security lane just for families with kids, so I can take my time. I still hope there will be nice people around to help. I really hope Cora is good and sleeps.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad I'm not making the trip to New Caledonia on my own. IT's too bad that security guy just stood there and watch, I probably would have said some smart comment and would have gotten in trouble!!

    ReplyDelete