Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, March 24, 2008

CA Trip Part II

On Sunday, we went to the Chinese Branch that meets in Oakland by the temple. I think my mom told everyone that Aaron would be super huge or something and they figured he would be since they remember David being so tall. Some people gave us gifts, which were of course, clothes, but they were all 12M & 18M sizes and they thought it would fit him now. My mom bought him a 2T jacket thinking he'd fit it but he's not even that big yet. At least now he'll have clothes fo when he's older. During church, Aaron got really restless and started screaming so I had to take him outside. Olivia and I went to the visitor's center since her Sunday school relocated and had class over there.
Aaron started playing with these flowers and I got this shot of him with a big piece of drool on his mouth. He still hasn't learned how to swallow his drool yet. We hung out there until class was over and we went back to the chapel. In Relief Society, there were the 3 sister missionaries that I had either seen or known from BYUH. What a small world!
After church we took some pictures on the temple grounds. After we went home, my sister drove me to go visit 2 of my friends. She had to take me since I can't really remember where anything is. It was nice to see my friends, too bad I forgot to take pictures! I don't really talk to anyone from high school anymore, I just don't have the time. Too bad I don't have more time to visit more people. They'll just have to come down to Hawaii!!
That evening, a really good friend of my parents treated us to dinner and that is where I had a bowl of turtle soup! I didn't know I was even eating it until I was done and my sister told me. Thanks a lot Olivia.
Today, we went to eat at a buffet and walked around San Francisco's famous Chinatown. My family bought some Chinese movies, pastries and other food stuffs. It was some good times. Although, I must admit that going up the steep hills caused me to huff and puff several times. (I must get back into shape!) We visited some of my parent's friends, they gushed over how cute Aaron, took some pictures with him, got some more presents and more gushing. Afterwards, we went back to Fremont and I visited my friend at her workplace, went home, watched more Chinese movies and ate Chinese food. It was a Chinese filled day, more Chinese than Aaron has ever experienced in his 4 and a 1/2 months.
Tomorrow's our last day and then it's back to good ol' Hawaii. I can't wait!
I knew things in Hawaii were far away but you don't realize how far you have to drive to go to Costco in Hawaii until you have a chance to drive to a Costco that's 3 minutes away from where you're living. There are so many places for you to eat, shop, and so fast. I miss the laid back atmosphere in Hawaii.

1 comment:

  1. how fun! I bet your family loved having you guys there and you are a brave soul to do it by yourself.

    ReplyDelete