Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Ward Camp

Our ward had camp over the Fall Break and it was the HOTTEST week EVER! No tradewinds!
On the Thursday, me and Aaron went to Hukilau Beach to go hang out with the Young Women. We saw them learn how to stand up paddle while we played in the sand with our buckets and shovels.
--I would want to learn how to stand up paddle but knowing me, there's no way I could. You're probably thinking, yes you can! But for real, I can't. I don't like deep water mainly for the following reasons: I can't tread water
(very well...even though David has tried to teach me), I can't swim very well and I don't like that I can't touch the bottom. silly. I know. Don't you just also love the irony of me living on an island in the middle of the Pacific Ocean? LOL. (PLUS the face that I have balance whatsoever on a skateboard, rollerblades...let alone a surfboard!) --

I love this picture of Aaron playing with his shovel and bucket. He would much rather play in the sand than in the water.

Although I think since he saw all the other kids playing and running into the water that he decided he wanted to go swimming too. Usually he'll yell and scream "NO! I don't wan it!" if we try to convince him to go in.
This time, he started heading toward the water and told me to "C'mon MOOM, sweeming, go the wAHter". He still wanted me to carry him though.

My friend (and YW President) took this picture of us in the water and Aaron decided he wanted his foot in the picture (and in front of my face....see how I have my hand on his foot so you can see me! hehe.)

The water was very refreshing and nice and the sun was shining bright that I got burned!
So burnt that it hurt to have anything on my shoulders. Luckily, the pain went down in a couple days and a couple weeks later, my right shoulder started peeling.

Good times. I was sad when Fall Break was over and I had to go back to work.

2 comments:

  1. i was so bummed we missed ward camp, of all weeks, luke came down w/ some viral rash so i kept him home. so sad.

    ReplyDelete