Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Girls Camp 2012

This was the first year I actually went to Girls Camp as a YW leader. I just didn't the past years for one reason or another. I was glad I went. It was pretty fun and I learned a lot about myself, the other YW leaders and definitely a lot more about the YW. good and bad.

The Laie Hawaii North Stake Girls Camp was at Kualoa Regional Park this year. It's in the very back of the park and pretty secluded. It was still open to the public and we had some people coming into the camp and some guys even took a picture of the camp. Our theme was Olympics and each ward was assigned a country, ours was Japan. We had the values up on flags along with the Japanese characters and hung them across our two EZ corner tents. 






above: There was a cooking competition with coconut shells. We also had a cardboard oven. Most of the girls in front of our ward sign and Japanese flags.
There was an Olympics games with the rest of the stake. This is just a couple of the games we participated in. One of the games was to spread peanut butter on a shower cap and the object was to get as many marshmallows on it without using your hands. The other was to eat as much brownie off the plate before time ran out. (I cheered a lot for our ward)

Nan made these cute aprons with the leftover fabric from making the pajama pants for the girls.


This was my tan/burn line from just one afternoon of canoeing. It was only for a couple of hours! Sheesh!
Iwa came to visit from L7. Love this lady!
Sister Ram heard about my voice going and her daughter brought over the supplies for me to make my own ginger-honey tea as well as a thermos full of the drink already made. She is the sweetest person ever!

Some of the girls got tired and took a nap. Also check out the shirts we made for our girls. I love them!
The girls setting up the changing tent and I took some pictures of the set up.
Two of the girls grilling for last day's dinner.
One of the girls wrote my name on my water bottle.
These are two girls that were missing from the group photo. Silly girls.

Camp was fun and I would do it again. The last night, I ended up talking all night with the YW president and two girls until it was time to get up to break down.

OH. and I totally lost my voice the first day of camp. I think it was from this small cough I had, plus all the cheering and all the talking I had to do which made it worse. The girls really liked that I lost my voice since I couldn't yell at them anymore. Didn't stop me though. They sure had fun making fun of me though. Too funny!

No comments:

Post a Comment