Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Sunday, January 2, 2011

Carol's New Year resolutions

I have plenty of New Year's resolutions.

I'm trying to figure it all out and narrow it down to specifics since we all know that when it comes down to making goals, it needs to be written down, time oriented and realistic.

My first resolution/goal this year is to get back into shape. I will do this by telling you all that I'm going to run in the Great Aloha Run this year. It's an 8.15 mile course.
(the most I've ever run in one day is 6 miles. Which I did ONCE. Many moons ago. Back when I was a regular runner. - remember Sheena?!)
I'm just really glad that David is supporting me with this goal. He'll come along with me on the bike with the kids riding in the bike trailer.


After the GAR, I want to continue running so I need to figure out another time specific, realistic goal that I can work for.

Suggestions?

Another goal I have is to clean out the closet and go through all my junk in my boxes and DE-CLUTTER! I also really want to organize the bookshelves and consolidate items and throw stuff out! I'm going to try and go through the closet at least once a month or more. My deadline is July 1, 2011. This way I have time during the school year and still have time during the summer to do it!

I also want to get more crafty. Like make more homemade cards, embroider, etc.

I'll also like to blog at least once a week! And upload pictures from the camera!

And eat smaller portions and eat healthier!

The picture has nothing to do with the post. I just wanted another picture, particularly, one of me. ;P

Hopefully telling the few people that read the blog will help me accomplish all these goals!

Wish me luck!

3 comments:

  1. i love ALL your goals!!! esp #2, which is one of my favorite things to do. i like how you're putting all these out there, it gives you the extra push to do them. i support you 100%

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hopefully cyber-space will help you feel accountable to your goals. You set some really great ones. I can't wait to hear how your GAR goes! Way to go Carol! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll run with you when I get back. I would love to do the Great Aloha Run with you but not sure if I'll be good to go by then. Maybe I can do another run with you. That'll be my goal.

    ReplyDelete