Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

A Night at the Hospital

Saturday was great! We hung out at the house, went to visit David's grandma in Pearl City and then dropped off his cousin Shaun at the airport and off to the mall for dinner. We saw our friends the Po'uha's there and ate dinner with them.
But then when I went to bed, I couldn't stop shivering! David even busted out the fat comforter that we have and I was still so cold!! Eventually I drifted off to sleep but later that night I felt like I had to vomit so I started going to the bathroom but didn't make it! So it ended up on our bedroom floor!! (good thing it's tile!) The vomit was cleaned up and I thought it might be food poisoning or something so we went to the emergency room! They thought I was pregnant (which I'm not) or had a high fever. Turns out I have the stomach flu. My night in the emergency room consisted of peeing in a cup, getting my blood drawn and an IV in my hand to get fluids in. Poor David and Aaron had to wait for me to get my temperature back to normal and was up all night. They did manage to get some shut eye though while I was knocked out from the IV.
I'm still getting over it though. I just have really bad headaches ALL day but I'm ok. I didn't take pictures because one, I was sick and two, we left the camera at home.
So here's a pretend picture of Aaron feeling bad for me!

6 comments:

  1. Carol, you live in Hawaii and need every penny you make to survive out there. Sheesh! I just heard of a couple that bought a lot to eventually build a house on and the land alone was $300,000. Save your pennies for yourself! Hugs.
    PS: I'm so sorry you weren't feeling well! Stomach flu is no fun! Luckily the boys won't catch it too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carol! I hope you feel better soon! I feel your pain, stomach bugs are the worst! So good that David was there to take care of you. lots of love - the Aunas

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a night! How nice of David and Aaron to stay close by your side : ) I hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so sorry. Hope you feel better.

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow! I hadn't read your blog in a while. I hope all is well Now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Only you would put a sympathy picture of your baby up. You're too much. At least stomach flus are short lived. Feel better please.

    ReplyDelete