Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Random Haps in July 2012

I love finding pictures like this on my phone. I have a whole bunch more of Aaron making weird faces but this one takes the cake. Every time I look at it, it has me LLOL (Literally Laughing Out Loud).
 Ok, so we all like making funny faces! It's so fun!
 Kids in action. They can not sit still. I have a love/hate relationship with that.
 Princess Raya. I love this foam crown.
 As much as I love roasting hot dogs and making smore's with the Laie Fourth Ward Youth, I hate the smell of smoke on the clothes. Thanks to the suggestions I got from friends, I hung it outside on the line to be "un-smoked". It was a lot cheaper to hang than spend $1 on washing that small pile of clothes.
 Raya likes to make super funny poses now. She also picks out her own clothes. I love that she does that. Plus, it's much easier having her pick it out than me doing it and her refusing to wear it. AND I think I've watched too much Ugly Betty because I'm actually not minding the outfits that Raya puts on. Hahaha! (and no, she's not flipping me off)
 My friend from Canada was here on her honeymoon and came to visit! We ate at Hukilau Cafe and had some ono food. She's so much taller than I remember.
 My sister Olivia took this picture of the kids the other day when we were both at work.
 We were at Aaron's hearing aid appointment at Queen's and while we were waiting, they occupied themselves by watching David play the Nintendo DS.
We actually haven't been to see his audiologist in over a year. WHOOPS! She was not happy with us, or me, since I was the one that forgot to make his appointment earlier (as in a year earlier). He was supposed to get a new ear mold last year. WHOOPS! We go again to see her in three weeks.
 We went to Costco because we were running low on food and tried out this new Filipino restaurant, Max's of Manila. There was a menu board outside and we literally stood outside reading it for like ten minutes. We couldn't decide if we should go in or not. We saw some Filipino friends outside who recommended it so after taking some suggestions, we finally decided to go in. I'm SO glad we did. I have been wanting to eat pancit FOREVER.
We ordered the pancit bihon and it was DELICIOUS! I seriously want some right now.
We got an appetizer that came with friend squid, calamari and lumpia. Aaron loved the calamari and asked for more. We only ordered two menu items (plus 3 scoops of rice) and it filled us all up. Mostly David and I but the kids ate most of what we gave them. I definitely recommend this place and would go back in a heartbeat. The prices aren't too high but they're not cheap either. They serve the food family style so everyone just takes what they want. I was also expecting the place to be a dingy hole in the wall restaurant but it was real nice, clean and classy and bigger (as in more space) than I expected. It was a welcome surprise. The service was really awesome too. Nice friendly servers and bus boys.
 After our lunch, we did some shopping at Costco but not before we could try on the 3D glasses. The kids look so cool.
That was basically the last bits of July. I'm pretty sure the parts after the reunion in the middle of July was just us at home cruising and going to the BYUH Pool when it was open. I loved having nothing of importance to do. 

Welcome back to the real world, Carol. Back to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment