Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, July 21, 2011

Yuen Family Reunion 2011 - day 2

Day 2 was at Kakela Beach Park.

The Hauula Yuens aka my in-laws had set up the EZ Corner and chairs already. Uncle Billy, Lahela and Grandma Kaluna and Cora were there.
Uncle Billy recruited Aaron and Cora to help put forks in napkins and roll 'em up.





Cora getting her napkin ready. Aaron concentrating on the roll





The sign that Hiilei or Anela made (which was never hung up)





Raya looks so reverent.





We ate A LOT of food. Luckily we started eating when David had his lunch break so he was able to eat and see family.
We swam at the beach and we played super fun games!
The little kids had a little scavenger hunt that Uncle Billy and Aunty Wanda Davis put together.
I don't have any pictures of it because I was helping Raya :)
Uncle Billy had a paper with the 8 items they needed to collect and the kids had buckets with their names on it.





picture of Raya is courtesy of Kawai Davis

Aaron found his 8 and then more! I had to go through his bucket to weed out the extras. While I was doing that, Raya picked up some more items for her basket too! I did some more weeding :)

The adults and youth played Amazing Race which was organized by Anela and Hiilei.
I don't have pictures of that either since I participated :)
On my team was Miki, Shaun, and Mailani. We won :)

Uncle Billy also organized a picture/video scavenger hunt. There was a list of tasks we had to accomplish. Below is the video of what we had to do. My team had to redo two things! But we still won! :)
Photo/video scavenger hunt

if you can't watch it, let me know :)
Another fun game was the six-legged race. Three people had to link arms to form the six legs. All the teams stood around In a circle and got ready to chase each other. We had to chase and tag the team in front of us and at the same time, avoid getting tagged by the team behind us!

Anthony, Pono and Danny and Uncle Herb, Uncle Richie and Lahela were the last two teams. They ran a good race but in the end Uncle Herb's team won. I wish I had pictures or video to show you. It was pretty funny!

Anthony and Pii set up their volleyball net. There were games going on throughout the day. When I picked up David from work we ended up playing till 7:30pm or when it started getting dark!
It was a super fun day! The kids had fun and it was awesome to hangout with family and EAT! :)
If anyone has pictures or video from the beach, if you don't mind, I'd like a copy :)


No comments:

Post a Comment