Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, January 14, 2008

Hear, Hear

When Aaron was first born, they do a newborn hearing test and as it so happened, his left ear failed. So we had to have more hearing tests done and it turns out that he has some hearing loss in his left ear. It's high frequency hearing loss. It's heredity. At first I was kinda sad for him but now, I'm ok. He'll be good. We have to go again in February for another test. It's all good though.

I got a call from the Department of Health which is helping us with Aaron. They referred us to this other early intervention program which help with the costs of all the tests and stuff and maybe even stuff my insurance won't pay for...I think. I have to call the lady from the early intervention program back. By the time I remembered it was too late so gotta remember to call on Monday.

2 comments:

  1. LOVE THIS BLOG!!!

    LOVE YOU GUYS MORE ;)

    me
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Does that still mean he can hear though? If it's just partial, then maybe he won't even notice! It's good that it was identified early, so that you can prepare and know things to expect! It's always so scary when your kid is diagnosed with something because as a parent you want everything to be perfect for your kid! Elise had seizures when she was born, but now they're gone - and she's fine! I pray that Aaron will be too! love you guys.

    ReplyDelete