Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, November 2, 2012

Halloween 2012

David was able to go on Aaron's Kindergarten field trip to the pumpkin patch. Yay!
On the bus together!
A class picture with pumpkins

David and Aaron brought some pumpkins home and sometime later we decorated them. Well the kids did most of the work. We don't (and didn't) have any pumpkin carving tools so I brought out my Sharpie's for the kids to draw on the pumpkins.
Raya picked lots of girly colors for her pumpkin.
Aaron drew a face on his pumpkin.

What a nice pumpkin face! He was worried it wouldn't turn out the way he wanted but I think he did a pretty good job.
Raya didn't want to take a picture with her pumpkin so I just took one for her. I think she did a pretty good job decorating her pumpkin.
Aaron and Raya trying on their costumes.
Raya wanted to be butterfly, princess, fish. Aaron didn't really have a set idea of what he wanted his costume to be. So we went to Savers and looked for costumes for the kids. I found Raya's costume and it was perfect! I was princess-y and it had a butterfly on it! It was a little big but nothing a few safety pins can't fix! David found the perfect wings and wand to go with her costume! We couldn't find anything for Aaron at Savers so we went to PriceBusters. David found this awesome Angry Birds costume that fit Aaron perfectly. Okay it was a little snug but good thing Aaron is small.
We had Aaron try on the costume in the store. Once he had it on, he turned to David and said, "Dad, you be the pig." So David stood there and Aaron backed up and ran towards David and "hit" him just like in the game! It was super funny!
Raya loved her costume and was constantly asking to put it on.

The kids and David all ready to go to our ward Trunk or Treat (Trunk 'n' Treat..what is it called?)

David dressed up as Lebron James. Even got the sweatband going on!
I was the basketball! I made a sign to pin on my shirt about 10 minutes before we had to leave. I should have colored it in but oh well. Maybe next time!
The kids watching other people play Just Dance at the Keni's trunk.
Dancing to "Gangnam Style" at the (Mexican) Uyehara's trunk.
Aaron holding Raya's hand in the kids costume parade.
The one picture I have of them actually trick or treating. We started in Hauula and ended up in Laie. I was going to go down Iosepa and Moana Street but started off on the outskirts of Laie. I always feel bad for the people that have candy to pass out and no one goes down their block. When we went, there was hardly anyone trick or treating. The people that were passing out candy gave out handfuls to the kids.
I should have went down Iosepa and Moana Street just to see everyone and their costumes. Next year!

We didn't do too bad considering. We got two HUGE bags of candy!
Happy Halloween!

No comments:

Post a Comment